Introduction Dirk Muench
- Prior background in industrial engineering and capital markets: credit risk, credit derivatives and foreign exchange.
- Co-founded PEC with Chris Aidun in 2012 to invest in and contribute to the development of the off-grid sector in sub-Saharan Africa.
- PEC made over 10 mainly first round investments in the off-grid sector since 2012, co-founded PEG Ghana, published research, structured first securitization in 2015 for BBOXX/OIKO
- Credit. www.persistentnrg.com
PAYG energy service companies
- PAYG companies are businesses which provide their customers with an energy asset for which such customers pay over time.
- Some companies sell the asset to the customer – others lease the asset perpetually.
- Micro-grid businesses can also be considered PAYG companies which lease the asset perpetually